I wanted to make a red, white and blue salad for election night this year. I knew I wanted to add fruit (for the red and blue colors) so I decided to make a jam vinaigrette. This salad turned out so delicious and very easy to throw together. I tried to make this fall themed with the fresh pomegranate and pumpkin seeds but you could totally switch to a different nut and strawberries for a summer salad.
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to take a picture and use the hashtag #AustinJamCompanyEATS
- 1/3 cup of Jampagne (or any AJC of your choice)
- 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of fresh cracked pepper
- Shaved brussels sprouts
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pumpkin seeds (or another nut)
- Chopped Apple (i like Honey Crisps in salads)
- First start by making the vinaigrette. You will need to add all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add spinach and brussels sprouts to a large salad bowl.
- Chop apple (you can peel first if you prefer) and add to the bowl.
- Remove the seeds from a fresh pomegranate and add to the bowl.
- Pick out your favorite nut or something crunchy! I did pumpkin seeds since I had some fresh ones from Halloween. Pour into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add as much feta (or other cheese) as you prefer to the mixture.
- Pour dressing over salad mix and toss with tongs.
- Add a little more fresh cracked pepper to the top and serve. Enjoy!