These cookies are my new favorite. They have a little peanut butter and almond extract to give them a nutty flavor but not enough to over power the star of the cookie, the JAM! I love that could can make 1 batch of dough and then top with any flavor of jam. This makes it easy to have a variety of different flavors.
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to take a picture and use the hashtag #AustinJamCompanyEATS
Nutty Jam Cookies:
- Any Flavor of Austin Jam Company jam
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 large egg
- Sanding sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 325.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Put soften sticks of butter and mix for about 3 minutes.
- Add in sugars, peanut butter, vanilla, and almond extract and mix for about 5 minutes.
- Add egg and beat until incorporated. Make sure to scrap down sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add sanding sugar to a bowl. Make dough into balls and roll them in the sanding sugar. I did 1.4g balls (I use a kitchen scale so that all of my cookies are the same size).
- Place dough balls onto a baking sheet with parchment paper spaced 3 inches apart.
- Using a small spoon make a little indention for the jam.
- Spoon jam on top of the cookies. Don’t add too much jam or it will spill all over the cookies but you want to add a healthy amount because the cookies will spread out.
- Bake for 7 minutes, rotate and bake for 7 more minutes. Watch closely as all ovens are different. Cook just until you start to see the edges get brown or start to crack. Let cool and then store cookies for up to 1 week.
Before I put them in the oven: