Repeat after me: I should make my own granola. Did you say it?! Homemade granola is so easy and delicious. It's so nice to have on hand or even to put in a jar and give as a gift. This granola is very salty but has a delicious maple taste that makes it so addicting. I love sprinkling mine on top of delicious yogurt with a dollop of my favorite jam. I usually drizzle a little honey or throw in chia seeds if i'm feeling wild. This is a delicious way to enjoy any of our jams!
If you try this recipe, don't forget to take a picture and use the hashtag #AustinJamCompanyEATS
Ingredients for granola:
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 3/4 cup of shredded coconut flakes
- 1 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons of almond extract
- 2.5 teaspoons of seasalt
- 1 cup of dried cherries (or other dried fruit of your choice)
For the parfait:
- Greek Yogurt
- AJC Jam (I used Jampagne)
- Chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the oats, coconut flakes, almonds, and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, syrup, brown sugar, salt, and almond extract.
- Pour the oil mixture over the oats and mix well.
- Spread your future granola out on to the baking sheet.
- Bake stirring occasionally for 20-25 minutes. Watch very closely so that it does not get too crispy at the end. Your house will smell soooo delicious asa this cooks.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely. It will harden even more as it cools. Don't forget to try a sample while it's still warm.
- Mix in dried cherries and then store in an airtight container, I use mason jars for mine.
- When you are ready for your parfait add the yogurt, jam, honey and chia seeds in a bowl. Top with your delicious fresh granola. Enjoy!