Recently I started playing around with whiskey cocktails. I'm not cool enough to drink it straight (just yet), so I thought, maybe peach would pair well with it. I decided to take some of my Pearl Jam and create a refreshing summer cocktail with a spirit that I would typically only drink in the Fall or Winter. I pretty much add Topo Chico and lemon to any cocktail I make, so this recipe turned out really simple, but delicious.
Since whiskey is a bit heavier and richer than the light liquors most often used in summer cocktails, blending peach jam and fresh lemon juice made this drink very refreshing and super-good!
Whiskey Pearl Jam Cocktail:
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1.5 oz whiskey (I used Del Bac since i’m in AZ currently)
- 1 oz Pearl Jam
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- Topo Chico (to taste)
- Lemon twist
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the ice, Pearl Jam, lemon juice, and whiskey.
- Cover with the lid and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into an ice filled serving glass.
- With the remaining room in the glass, top with Topo Chico.
- Garnish with the lemon twist.